Day 30: Looking Forward & A Short Survey
Jon wraps-up the 30 day program with final reflections, including a “look back” at what you have learned, and a “look forward” at how you want to live your life given your new awareness. Please also complete a short Final Survey, which will help us improve the program for those that follow you.
Jon discusses topics including:
- Congratulations on persisting through to Day 30!
- Taking a look back at what you’ve learned and what’s worked for you
- Taking a look forward at how you want to live your life given your new awareness
- Taking 5 minutes to complete the Final Survey
Negative Writing (on a piece of paper you will rip up and throw away afterwards): Take 5 minutes to write down all of the negative thoughts causing you anxiety right now, and when you are done, rip up the piece of paper.
Questions for Journaling:
Part 1: Looking back
- What have you learned about yourself?
- What new practices have you adopted?
- What are your biggest ah-has?
Part 2: What “New Back Story” are you going to tell friends, family and colleagues given your new awareness? (You might want to refer to your “Old Back Story” from Day 1)
Part 3: If you had to identify 5 “principles for living” inspired by this program, what would they be? Keep these visible throughout the day so you can live by them; for example, here are Jon’s:
- Practice self-love
- No tolerance for negative judgments
- Trust my intuition
- Be present now
- Deep Breathing
- Grand Central Station Meditation
- Driving Meditation
- Negative Self-Talk Exercise
- Body Scan Exercise
- Giving to Yourself: A Somatic Exercise
- Day 0: Setting Up for Success
- Day 1: Your "Old Back Story"
- Day 2: Understanding ESR
- Day 3: Deep Breathing
- Day 4: Wisdom from a Spine Surgeon
- Day 5: How We Get Programmed for Pain
- Day 6: Type A Personalities
- Day 7: The "Big 4" Emotions
- Day 8: A Case of Childhood Stress
- Day 9: A Case of Current Stress
- Day 10: Cases of Depression and Anxiety
- Day 11: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 12: Your "Monkey Mind"
- Day 13: Awareness in Day-to-Day Life
- Day 14: Roots of Negative Self-Talk
- Day 15: Living from the Neck Up
- Day 16: The Stress Inventory
- Day 17: Depth Journaling
- Day 18: Raising A Child As You Were Raised
- Day 19: Writing a Letter to Relieve Stress
- Day 20: Acknowledging the Hero in Us
- Day 21: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 22: Getting Good Sleep
- Day 23: Finding a Self-Care Activity
- Day 25: Setting Limits
- Day 26:The Power of Positive Self-Talk
- Day 27: Giving to Yourself & A Somatic Exercise
- Day 28: The Power of Gratitude
- Day 29: Reconnecting Through Play
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments about today's program, please let us know and we'll be sure to respond to you right away. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org