Day 27: Giving to Yourself Through a Somatic Exercise
Dr. Rick Scott guides you through a somatic exercise to bring greater awareness to areas of pain in the body and thereby lessen your pain.
Dr. Rick Scott discusses topics including:
- How we often learn to avoid sensations of pain
- How bringing our awareness to pain in our body can dissolve pain
- A guided (somatic) exercise to bring awareness to and lessen your pain
Negative Writing (on a piece of paper you will rip up and throw away afterwards): Take 5 minutes to write down all of the negative thoughts causing you anxiety right now, and when you are done, rip up the piece of paper.
Questions for Journaling:
- Do you typically avoid the pain you are feeling?
- What was your experience of today's exercise?
- How can you apply what you have learned in your day to day life?
- On a 1-10 scale, how would you rate your pain today?
- Deep Breathing
- Grand Central Station Meditation
- Driving Meditation
- Negative Self-Talk Exercise
- Body Scan Exercise
- Day 0: Setting Up for Success
- Day 1: Your "Old Back Story"
- Day 2: Understanding ESR
- Day 3: Deep Breathing
- Day 4: Wisdom from a Spine Surgeon
- Day 5: How We Get Programmed for Pain
- Day 6: Type A Personalities
- Day 7: The "Big 4" Emotions
- Day 8: A Case of Childhood Stress
- Day 9: A Case of Current Stress
- Day 10: Cases of Depression and Anxiety
- Day 11: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 12: Your "Monkey Mind"
- Day 13: Awareness in Day-to-Day Life
- Day 14: Roots of Negative Self-Talk
- Day 15: Living from the Neck Up
- Day 16: The Stress Inventory
- Day 17: Depth Journaling
- Day 18: Raising A Child As You Were Raised
- Day 19: Writing a Letter to Relieve Stress
- Day 20: Acknowledging the Hero in Us
- Day 21: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 22: Getting Good Sleep
- Day 23: Finding a Self-Care Activity
- Day 24: Posture and Movement
- Day 25: Setting Limits
- Day 26: The Power of Positive Self-Talk
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments about today's program, please let us know and we'll be sure to respond to you right away. Send us an email at email@example.com