Day 24: Posture & Movement
Elaine Williams discusses the benefits of good posture, and a simple exercise we can all do to “feel” good posture.
Elaine Williams discusses topics including:
- How poor posture makes us tense and more prone to a sympathetic (stress) response
- A simple technique that helps us to “feel” good posture
- How to breath abdominally from a neutral posture
Negative Writing (on a piece of paper you will rip up and throw away afterwards): Take 5 minutes to write down all of the negative thoughts causing you anxiety right now, and when you are done, rip up the piece of paper.
Questions for Journaling:
- Did you do the exercise in today’s video, and what was your experience?
- Which techniques demonstrated in the program thus far have you incorporated into your day to day? If not, which can you start today?
- Sitting meditation
- The Body Scan
- Driving meditation
- Deep breathing
- Negative writing
- On a 1-10 scale, how would you rate your pain today?
- Deep Breathing
- Grand Central Station Meditation
- Driving Meditation
- Negative Self-Talk Exercise
- Body Scan Exercise
- Day 0: Setting Up for Success
- Day 1: Your "Old Back Story"
- Day 2: Understanding ESR
- Day 3: Deep Breathing
- Day 4: Wisdom from a Spine Surgeon
- Day 5: How We Get Programmed for Pain
- Day 6: Type A Personalities
- Day 7: The "Big 4" Emotions
- Day 8: A Case of Childhood Stress
- Day 9: A Case of Current Stress
- Day 10: Cases of Depression and Anxiety
- Day 11: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 12: Your "Monkey Mind"
- Day 13: Awareness in Day-to-Day Life
- Day 14: Roots of Negative Self-Talk
- Day 15: Living from the Neck Up
- Day 16: The Stress Inventory
- Day 17: Depth Journaling
- Day 18: Raising A Child As You Were Raised
- Day 19: Writing a Letter to Relieve Stress
- Day 20: Acknowledging the Hero in Us
- Day 21: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 22: Getting Good Sleep
- Day 23: Finding a Self-Care Activity
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments about today's program, please let us know and we'll be sure to respond to you right away. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org