Day 22: Getting Good Sleep
Dr. David Clarke talks about the importance of good sleep, and how you can prepare for good sleep not only at bedtime, but also throughout your typical day. Dr. Clarke also discusses when to see a healthcare professional if you’re not getting good sleep.
Dr. David Clarke discusses topics including:
- How good sleep is a foundation for healing
- How getting outside in sunlight and regular exercise enable sleep
- How good eating habits, and the timing of when we eat, enable sleep
- How to prepare the bedroom for good sleep
- When to see your healthcare professional if you aren’t getting good sleep
Negative Writing (on a piece of paper you will rip up and throw away afterwards): Take 5 minutes to write down all of the negative thoughts causing you anxiety right now, and when you are done, rip up the piece of paper.
Questions for Journaling:
- When you wake up in the morning do you feel rested?
- Which aspects of sleep hygiene discussed today can you implement tonight?
- Do you need to see your doctor because you’ve tried all of the approaches mentioned in today’s video?
- On a 1-10 scale, how would you rate your pain today?
- Deep Breathing
- Grand Central Station Meditation
- Driving Meditation
- Negative Self-Talk Exercise
- Body Scan Exercise
- Day 0: Setting Up for Success
- Day 1: Your "Old Back Story"
- Day 2: Understanding ESR
- Day 3: Deep Breathing
- Day 4: Wisdom from a Spine Surgeon
- Day 5: How We Get Programmed for Pain
- Day 6: Type A Personalities
- Day 7: The "Big 4" Emotions
- Day 8: A Case of Childhood Stress
- Day 9: A Case of Current Stress
- Day 10: Cases of Depression and Anxiety
- Day 11: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 12: Your "Monkey Mind"
- Day 13: Awareness in Day-to-Day Life
- Day 14: Roots of Negative Self-Talk
- Day 15: Living from the Neck Up
- Day 16: The Stress Inventory
- Day 17: Depth Journaling
- Day 18: Raising A Child As You Were Raised
- Day 19: Writing a Letter to Relieve Stress
- Day 20: Acknowledging the Hero in Us
- Day 21: Taking Stock & Survey
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments about today's program, please let us know and we'll be sure to respond to you right away. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org