Day 21: Taking Stock & Survey
Jon talks about “pressing pause and taking stock” of the last third of the program. You have completed about two thirds of the program, and it’s time to reflect on what new awareness you’ve gained. Also, be sure to complete the Day 21 Survey -- It’s only 5 minutes and we will greatly value your feedback!
Jon discusses topics including:
- We are about two thirds of the way through the program
- We have covered a range of topics and techniques, including:
- The Monkey Mind
- The Roots of Negative Self Talk
- The Body Scan – A somatic exercise to reconnect mind and body
- The Stress Inventory
- Depth Journaling on Stressful Emotions
- The “Childhood Series” to process negative emotions from our youth
- A 5 minute survey – Please complete the Day 21 Survey; it will greatly help us improve the program for you and those that follow
Negative Writing (on a piece of paper you will rip up and throw away afterwards): Take 5 minutes to write down all of the negative thoughts causing you anxiety right now, and when you are done, rip up the piece of paper.
Questions for Journaling
- What has been your experience in the program thus far?
- What new awareness have you gained about yourself and your pain?
- Have there been any surprises for you?
- On a 1-10 scale, how would you rate your pain today?
- Deep Breathing
- Grand Central Station Meditation
- Driving Meditation
- Negative Self-Talk Exercise
- Body Scan Exercise
- Day 0: Setting Up for Success
- Day 1: Your "Old Back Story"
- Day 2: Understanding ESR
- Day 3: Deep Breathing
- Day 4: Wisdom from a Spine Surgeon
- Day 5: How We Get Programmed for Pain
- Day 6: Type A Personalities
- Day 7: The "Big 4" Emotions
- Day 8: A Case of Childhood Stress
- Day 9: A Case of Current Stress
- Day 10: Cases of Depression and Anxiety
- Day 11: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 12: Your "Monkey Mind"
- Day 13: Awareness in Day-to-Day Life
- Day 14: Roots of Negative Self-Talk
- Day 15: Living from the Neck Up
- Day 16: The Stress Inventory
- Day 17: Depth Journaling
- Day 18: Raising A Child As You Were Raised
- Day 19: Writing a Letter to Relieve Stress
- Day 20: Acknowledging the Hero in Us
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments about today's program, please let us know and we'll be sure to respond to you right away. Send us an email at email@example.com