Day 13: Awareness in Day-to-Day Life
Jon talks with Mind-Body Master Dr. Rick Scott about bringing awareness into the day-to-day moments of life through a form of meditation called the “driving meditation”.
Driving Meditation is discussed; topics today include:
How it is hard for many of us to sit down and meditate on a daily basis
How the conditioned mind spends much of its time worrying about the future or regretting the past
How to bring awareness into day-to-day of life through “Driving Meditation”
How the same approach can be applied to any day-to-day activity
Negative Writing (on a piece of paper you will rip up and throw away afterwards): Take 5 minutes to write down all of the negative thoughts causing you anxiety right now, and when you are done, rip up the piece of paper.
Questions for Journaling:
Did you do a driving meditation today, and if so, what was your experience?
What thoughts pulled you away from the present moment during the exercise?
What proportion of your typical day do you spend “in the moment” vs. the past or future?
On a 1-10 scale, how would you rate your pain today?
- Day 0: Setting Up for Success
- Day 1: Your "Old Back Story"
- Day 2: Understanding ESR
- Day 3: Deep Breathing
- Day 4: Wisdom from a Spine Surgeon
- Day 5: How We Get Programmed for Pain
- Day 6: Type A Personalities
- Day 7: The "Big 4" Emotions
- Day 8: A Case of Childhood Stress
- Day 9: A Case of Current Stress
- Day 10: Cases of Depression and Anxiety
- Day 11: Taking Stock & Survey
- Day 12: Your "Monkey Mind" & Meditation
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments about today's program, please let us know and we'll be sure to respond to you right away. Send us an email at email@example.com